Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

PART OF IT ALL

Happy 2008 everyone! So I'm quite terrible at posting on my blog (not a huge shocker) and am not going to claim a resolution to post more (because we know that won't happen...and I don't believe in those). And no, I'm not going to write some horrible cliche recap of 2007 -- the good, bad or ugly. Instead, I will share the two blogs/vlogs that have kept me entertained during those last two weeks of yucky 2007 while bored and busy at the place that pays me to "work." Be forewarned though that said blogs are extremely musical theatre heavy, so proceed at your own risk.

Let me preface my introduction by saying I'm almost embarrassed (ok, not really) that I am linking and mentioning the following blog, and I don't follow it religiously, but it made me laugh as I poked around it. I don't say this because its bad, but because its so silly! I obviously enjoy it because I keep coming back for more. So without further ado... Andrew's Blog is a compilation of "vlogs" (as he calls it) by musical theatre performer, Andrew Keenan-Bolger (currently on tour with The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Yes, his sister is Celia who was nominated for a Tony in the role of Olive Ostrovsky in the same show on Broadway) chronicles his life with his friends in NYC and on the road via entertaining YouTube videos. There really aren't any other words...just, don't blame me if you get the title song from his blog/vlog stuck in your head.  Seriously, I did for days...

[title of show] is an off-Broadway musical that I had heard little of (sorry guys) until recently. When I first heard of it, I was intrigued (by the title actually) and found out that it was "a new musical that documents its own journey from inception to opening night." I must have gotten side-tracked because that's where I left it. Time passed and somehow I happened upon a link to their blog and their video blogs on YouTube. Though (extremely) silly, I think the folks at [title of show] are kind of genius. In an effort to get their show to Broadway, they have created these "vlog" installments entitled the [title of show] show as a campaign to get [title of show] to the Great White Way. I think they post when they can, but these are really fun and include cameos by almost every Broadway performer you can think of. Compared to "Hollywood", the Broadway community is small and their fans represent a small population (comparatively speaking) so I think these the [title of show] shows are a great grass-roots marketing ploy. Heck, their blog and the [title of show] shows alone have intrigued me enough to want to go buy the CD (this weekend)!

Ok, those are my endorsements for now. Enjoy, laugh, roll-your-eyes, be grateful for what you have, embrace the unknown...and then support the Broadway community! :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails