Recent Posts

Friday, November 30, 2007

BACK IN BUSINESS

So now that Broadway has returned to its regularly scheduled programming, I feel it is my duty to add my own post about musical theatre. Ok, really its a plug for Playbill Radio. Its been around for awhile now, but for some reason I never bothered listening (for shame, I know). They stream showtunes (naturally), recap daily theatre news and stream podcasts. Amongst others, there is a cool weekly program called Composer Spotlight that surveys the career of a particular Broadway composer and plays from their repertoire of songs every Thursday night at 7 p.m. EST. Yesterday at work, I enjoyed an afternoon of Boublil/Schönberg from the beautiful Les Mis to the awful Martin Guerre. Take a listen to to Playbill Radio for a nice potpourri of showtunes old and new!

Ok, so I don't have a lot to say today and did an awful job of trying to more regularly post. Oh well, I (sorta) tried. I really wanted to just say to Broadway: welcome back and glad that the lights are shining bright once again!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails