Recent Posts

Monday, November 26, 2007

A PUZZLEMENT

One would think that for me, the idea of two of my favorite things combined on-stage would make me extremely happy. Considering what those two things are though, I'm not so sure. A few weeks ago, it was announced that the Guthrie Theater in Minnesota (naturally) would be world premiering a musicalized version of Little House on the Prairie. Yes, Laura Ingalls Wilder's popular series about life on the mid-west frontier. Despite that though, I'm a little scared. I have to say, the thought of Pa Ingalls singing his heart out about the heartbreak of living with his family on the desolate Minnesota plains with Indians abound...sounds kind of horrifying. As much as I love music and the Ingalls family, the two together sounds the opposite of appealing. It can be a catastrophic mistake or it can be surprisingly lovely if staged correctly. IF. Is it just me, or does the idea of musical theatre combined with Little House seem excessively schmaltzy?

1 comments:

LOGROLL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails