Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I GOT LIFE

Hair is easily the one show I didn't know that I loved until this revival came along. There is something so incredibly freeing, motivating and loving about the show, that it has actually made me a better person. Since I was young, I have always believed in the power of the arts - I love & support it everyday and am a huge advocate for arts education. Yet when I heard (this revival) and saw the tribe, it literally changed me. Not because of the theatricality of the show or even the talent and energy of the actors - but because of the message the tribe sends on stage and off. I think I've always been one to strive for positivity, change and love...and that has become even more-so of a choice to live by now, even if I'm having a bad day.

When I hear "Let the Sun Shine In," I always feel better (no matter what my mood) and when I see what the tribe is doing for equality, I feel inspired to find ways to make some kind of difference somewhere, in my own life. Though the show has reached an incredible and well deserved 1-year anniversary milestone, the best part of all of this for everyone, is the huge difference they're making in society...and I celebrate them for doing that above and beyond all else. Its amazing. Congratulations to all!!!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails