Recent Posts

Thursday, December 07, 2006

THE LAST GOODBYE

I don't know why I feel as drawn to the story of James Kim as I do. From the first time I saw the posting of the missing Kim family on CNN.com, it became a part of me. Like the thousands of other people who have been hoping and praying for a happy ending, we believed that it had to end positively. I believed because there was something in the beautiful photo of James with his daughter that radiated strength and love. I didn't know James Kim and only vaguely remembered his name from the few times I read reviews on CNET.com, but I saw in that photo and in subsequent photos of James with his family, a man was devoted to his family. After all, at the end of the day, aren't the people who you love and who love you back what really count in life?

Though the story of James Kim ended unfortunately and tragically, it was also filled with great hope. The hope that in this world deep love and devotion might truly exist. He made me believe just a little more in myself, a little more in the people around me and reminded me that doing things for the people you love -- helping them -- no matter how big or small is always the right thing to do. In his final struggle to obtain help for his family, James tirelessly forged ahead to save them. The man is a true hero and while I have never met him, James' plight to help his family opened my heart to see the love he had for his wife and two young daughters.

This story helped me believe that there is good in this world and what lengths a person will go to in the true name of love. I admire James Kim for all that he was and all that he did for his loved ones. Rest in peace, James Kim.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails