Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SOMEONE ELSE'S STORY

Its funny how I always seem to come back to the following thought: What you may think you want isn't what you really need. I've been reminded on more than one occasion (and throughout my life) of this thought. When I was a little girl, I had an idea of how my life would be at different stages and when I got to these milestone ages (12, 16, 21 etc.), my life seemed to be the polar opposite of what I thought I wanted my life to be like. What I've come to realize though is that we can never plan things out in advance and ensure that things are the way they are supposed to be, sometimes what happens just happens and that is ok too. Maybe that is the way it was supposed to be.

Lately I'm realizing that everything really does happen for a reason. Whether it be because you believe in God, fate or whatever the case, it sure seems like there is a rhyme and reason for everything even though it may not be clear from the outset. Right now, I am here at this stage in my life feeling the way I do because of my life's journey. The decisions I've made up to this point have been because I thought I was following a path towards one goal when really I was slowly veering off in the wrong direction and eventually became lost (and didn't even know it). Though I tried to chart my course with all the planning possible, things didn't necessarily turn out the way I thought they'd be due to unforeseen circumstances. We can't plan for everything (though we may think we have control over our own lives). What I've learned must happens is that we must accept that change is good, because from change we grow and when we grow we gain perspective. None of this is a groundbreaking or particularly insightful thought...it is basic and common to most, but something we must all learn to understand (and accept) at some point. I'm only glad I've discovered them now (and not must later).

PS: Wow, after reading it, I think this post sounds really preachy and self-important...maybe too much so. Oh well, it's the thought I had just sitting here trying to figure "stuff" out.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails