Recent Posts

Friday, October 06, 2006

BOOKS

It figures that a freakin' survey (thanks, Maureen) would get me a bloggin' (sorta) again. If you want me to blog...send me a survery...I'm bound to do it 9.5 out of 10 times! :) By the way, "Books" isn't a song title from a musical, but I'm too lazy to think of one that fits.

One book that changed your life: Its not just ONE, but The Little House on the Prairie series were the first set of books that got me excited to read and learn and imagie. I believe I was 7 (maybe 8) when I first begged my parents to buy them for me while we were on vacation.

One book that you've read more than once: Nisei Daughter by Monica Sone...it is the story of a young girl's experience during the Japanese internment camps during World War II. All of these books about the Japanese internment gives me a better idea of what it was like for my relatives.

One book that you'd want on a desert island: Good grief, I don't know! If I were on a deserted island, I don't think I'd want to read...just find a way off!

One book that made you laugh: How boring am I...I don't think I've read a funny book in so long that I can't even remember! What I read is far too tragic and serious!

One book that made you cry: Angel Pawprints. This collection of stories and poetry was given to me by my vet the day we put Miss Cookie Miyuki down. Everytime I read it, I just sob.

One book that you wish had been written: Someday, I will finish the story of my grandparents' lives together...its the story I've always known I was meant to write.

One book you wish had never been written: Its a vanity series written by someone I wish I never knew.

One book you are currently reading: "The Year Of Magical Thinking" by Joan Diddion. One moment, Diddion and her husband come home from visiting their young daughter in the hospital (who was lying in a coma) and then next thing she knew, her husband has a massive heart attack and dies. How she makes sense of the year after...well, I haven't gotten that far yet, but it chronicles her thought process. So far, very interesting...very sad.

One book you've been meaning to read: Like Maureen, I've been meaning to read Les Miz for a long time. Acutally, I've been on page 22 for the last fourteen years, so maybe I'm not trying that hard!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails