Recent Posts

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I AM WHAT I AM...

I admit it...I've cheated...on my blog. After months and months of harrassment from a friend of mine, I finallly gave in and joined MySpace. I'm already on one of those other sites and didn't think I needed to waste my time on another one. There are many advantages to being on MySpace vs. the "other" site, but I have to say, the best thing about it (and the reason I cheated on this here blog) is the ability to list what you're reading, viewing or listening to and to not only show the art work but link it to Amazon. "Brilliant!" says I. Dear ole Blogger should do the same thing...then maybe I won't be so inclined to post on that blog vs. this one (the one I've had for YEARS).

My guilt for blogging on another site has kept me from blogging in general lately, so below...is an excerpt from my Linda-Eder-Rules-MySpace post:

Linda Eder had been often times compared to Barbara Streisand and yet I like Eder and not so much Streisand. I seem to have every one of Eder's albums (including the holiday one) and for the last 2 weeks, all I've been listening to is Broadway My Way. It's a great album of known Broadway songs as well as lesser known songs and isn't Frank Wildhorn heavy (for obvious reasons...they recently ended their marriage)! I don't love all of the arrangements (like "I Am What I Am" from La Cage Aux Folles) but do like her rendition of "Don't Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl. Even I think it's a little ironic that I enjoy her take on this song...particularly considering how errily similar she sounds to Streisand...and of course is a song Streisand is famous for from her performance in the show.

Anyway...I'm sure I'll keep listening to this album until I get sick of it, then I'll move on to her newest album, By Myself: The Songs of Judy Garland.

Cheers!

1 comments:

Arthur Eades said...

I enjoyed your blog. "Don't Rain on My Parade" is from FUNNY GIRL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails