Recent Posts

Monday, October 03, 2005

THIS IS MY COUNTRY

Maureen referred readers to world66.com on her site. World66.com generates an image based on the states you've been to within the good ole U.S. of A. Who knew I'd been to so much of the mid-west, right? Well, I did a whole trip through the mid-west as a kid touring all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead locales. In the late 80s, my family and I were still one of few Asians driving from Walnut Grove, Minn. to DeSmet, S.D. We received several confused stares from the locals and were even interviewed for the evening news in Walnut Grove, asking if we came from Tokyo to see one of Laura Ingalls Wilder's homesteads. Imagine the looks on their faces when we said we were from Southern California!

Though a native Californian, I must say, the East Coast remains my favorite part of our country. There's nothing like New York City...at any time of the year (at least to me)...that and Maui. :)




1 comments:

Mitch Glaser said...

While I am impressed that you have been to so many states, I don't think you're able to say you've truly seen America until you go to Arkansas and Kentucky.

New York City makes Los Angeles look like Walnut Grove, Minn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails